Location – Cardiff
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
Bit Systems is a growing boutique software development house that are looking to recruit a bright and forward-thinking C# developer with two years’ experience to join our high-performance application development team.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a self-organizing agile development team, and be exposed to the full software development lifecycle, including assisting and contributing to the design and implementation decisions behind our growing catalogue of supply-chain products.
The role includes the opportunity to utilise and train on existing technologies stacks (C#.NET / ASP.NET solutions backed by SQL server), and to assist the team in their growth into newer technology stacks (ASP.NET Core, Xamarin/MAUI) as we look to enhance our product and service offering in the mobile and cloud technology market.
Bit Systems promotes a hybrid working model for its developers, offering the opportunity for working remotely from home, the office in central Cardiff, or a blend of both.
As a Bit Systems C# Developer your main tasks will be:
- Supporting and working alongside the applications developers in developing high-quality software products and solutions.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of source code of new applications.
- Exercising agile development methodologies and practices to ensure work is completed correctly and efficiently towards the sprint goal and product roadmap.
- Working collaboratively with QA and other Application Developers in producing quality software products utilising best practice methodology and technology
C# Developer Technical skills required are:
- Experience in designing and building applications using a mixture of:
- C# .NET 6
- Net MVC/Core
- Proficient SQL skills (MS TSQL / SQLite)
Ideally some exposure of but not essential:
- Entity Framework / Entity Framework Core
- DevOps and Agile principles (e.g. Source control, such as Git or Azure Devops Repos)
- Xamarin Forms/MAUI Mobile development
- io Framework
- Telerik/Kendo UI components
- Microsoft Azure / Cloud technology
- Client-side web development frameworks (e.g. Blazor, Angular, React)
C# Developer personal skills required are:
- Good communication and team-working skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Good attention to detail and time-management skills
- Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to pick up new concepts and technologies.
In return, you can expect a £competitive salary, bonus, permanent employment, pension, remote working equipment, free onsite gym membership, free transport from Cardiff city centre to site, or free on-site car parking and a range of benefits with superb career opportunities.
Applications are required ASAP as interviews will commence immediately.
Due to the urgent nature of the role and the requirement for candidates to attend for interview in person we are unable to consider overseas candidates at this time, so please do not apply.
Due to the response expected – cv’s submitted by recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Bit Systems does not accept any speculative CVs received from recruitment agencies where terms of business have not already been signed and will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter fee under these circumstances. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to consider these as “gifts” without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This will also apply to any CVs sent directly to line managers.
Company information – Bit Systems (part of Techsol Group) are an independent software solutions provider, with over 25 years of experience in developing solutions for the manufacturing and distribution industries. Bit Systems have developed a suite of flexible and scalable supply chain management and inventory solutions that integrate together to improve business efficiency and performance.
Alternative role titles
Junior Software developer, software engineer, .NET developer