Location – Cardiff
Salary: £40,000+ (DOE)
Bit Systems is a growing boutique software development house that are looking to recruit a progressive and forward-thinking Full Stack .NET Developer to join our high-performance application development team.
Reporting to the Lead Developer, the role includes the opportunity to utilise existing technologies stacks (C#.NET / ASP.NET solutions backed by SQL server), and to assist the team in their growth into newer technology stacks (ASP.NET Core, Xamarin/MAUI) as we look to enhance our product and service offering in the mobile and cloud technology market.
This role will also be considered for succession to Lead Developer and will receive tailored career development and personal learning pathways with home/remote working available.
Bit Systems promotes a hybrid working model for its developers, offering the opportunity for working remotely from home, the office in central Cardiff, or a blend of both.
As a Full Stack .NET Developer your main tasks will be:
- Involvement in the full commercial project lifecycle, including research, design, development, and support/maintenance
- Working along-side the team lead and head of development to develop complete and SOLID software solution to a high standard.
- Exercising agile development methodologies and practices to ensure work is completed correctly and efficiently towards the sprint-goal and product roadmap.
- Working collaboratively with QA and other Application Developers in producing quality software products utilising best practice methodology and technology
Full Stack .NET Developer Technical skills required are:
- Extensive record of (5+ years) experience within:
- C# .NET 6
- Net MVC/Core
- Entity Framework / Entity Framework Core
- Proficient SQL skills (MS TSQL / SQLite)
- Promoter and follower of SOLID coding practices
- Strong experience and advocate of DevOps and Agile principles (e.g. Source control, such as Git or Azure DevOps Repos code reviews, CI/CD pipelines, TDD, BDD etc)
- Design-build and maintain efficient and reusable C# code using design patterns
Ideally some exposure of but not essential:
- Xamarin Forms/MAUI Mobile development
- Knowledge of architectural design and principles. (e.g. Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing)
- ABP.io Framework
- Telerik/Kendo UI components
- Microsoft Azure / Cloud technology
- Client-side web development frameworks (e.g. Blazor, Angular, React)
- Web service integrations (e.g. REST APIs, JSON, XML)
Full Stack .NET Developer Personal Competence skills required are:
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Exceptional analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Ability to self-motivate and to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to pick up new concepts and technologies.
In return, you can expect a £competitive salary, bonus, permanent employment, pension, remote working equipment, free onsite gym membership, free transport from Cardiff city centre to site, or free on-site car parking and a range of benefits with superb career opportunities.
Applications are required ASAP as interviews will commence immediately.
Due to the urgent nature of the role and the requirement for candidates to attend for interview in person we are unable to consider overseas candidates at this time, so please do not apply.
Due to the response expected – cv’s submitted by recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Bit Systems does not accept any speculative CVs received from recruitment agencies where terms of business have not already been signed and will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter fee under these circumstances. In the event that speculative CVs are submitted by recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to consider these as “gifts” without any financial obligation to the recruitment agency in question. This will also apply to any CVs sent directly to line managers.
Company information – Bit Systems (part of Techsol Group) are an independent software solutions provider, with over 25 years of experience in developing solutions for the manufacturing and distribution industries. Bit Systems have developed a suite of flexible and scalable supply chain management and inventory solutions that integrate together to improve business efficiency and performance.